RE: Salary issues ( a twist)

Subject: RE: Salary issues ( a twist)
From: Lisa MacDonald <lisa -dot- macdonald -at- convergys -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 10:39:25 +0100

One thing I quite liked about looking for work in the UK is the fact that
salaries are often listed in job posts. It makes so much more sense to at
least give a salary range in an advert so you have an idea of what the
company is willing to offer. Granted, sometimes the range can be ridiculous
(I saw one job from a recruiter listed at £15-45k/year - yeesh!) but I get
the impression that it's less of a "taboo" here to ask what a job pays
straight off. I really wish that this was the norm in North America - I
hated doing the salary question tap dance.

Cheers,
Lisa

l i s a . m a c d o n a l d
technical author
Geneva Product Unit, Convergys
Westbrook Centre, Cambridge, UK
tel +44 (0)1223 705000
fax +44 (0)1223 302526
direct +44 (0)1223 488131
Calvin: My life needs a rewind/erase button. Hobbes: And a volume control.

--

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is
intended by Convergys Corporation for the use of the named individual or