RE: Salary issues ( a twist)

Subject: RE: Salary issues ( a twist)
From: Katherine Turner <katherinet -at- csl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 10:50:45 +0100

Lisa MacDonald wrote: " It makes so much more sense to at
least give a salary range in an advert so you have an idea of what the
company is willing to offer."

It helps having the salary range in ads, but my current job in the UK was
advertised by an agency with a salary range and I specified what salary I
would like (within the range and near the top of the range) with the agency
but then when I had the interview for the job I was asked again and stated
the same figure. However, at the end of the day I think I could have got
more but that's just the way these things go. Thankfully since then I've had
a raise.

Katherine