AuthorIT input

Subject: AuthorIT input
From: "Cathy De Rubeis" <de_rubeis -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 13:44:34 +0000

Hi,

I searched the archives for comments/input on the AuthorIT product and found a few good reviews but strangely, no negative product comments. On this list, I have read the good, bad and ugly about Framemaker, RoboHelp and other products so I found it a little odd not hear anything to the contrary about AuthorIT.

As well, very few people seem to be using it. One reason I thought for this is the limited ability to customize the help or paper output.

So, I am looking for the following:

1.input from those who have thought of or have actually switched to this product
2.whether you are a lone writer or are part of a team of technical writers and . . .
3.did this impact your choice to move or not to move to AuthorIT
4.how many documents/page count does your department produce

Thanks,
Cathy