RE: AuthorIT input

Subject: RE: AuthorIT input
From: Darren Barefoot <Darren -dot- Barefoot -at- capeclear -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 14:55:03 +0100

Hi,

I saw this product demoed at the Digitext conference this summer and thought
it was pretty cool. By its nature, the demo doesn't adverstise the
inevitable bugs and oddities in a software product, but what it did seemed
pretty powerful. One thing I didn't really enquire about was the stability
and proprietariness (I doubt that's a word) of their data format and
back-end. Particularly for a small company, this seems important. What if
they all of a sudden go belly-up and there's not an easy way to convert to
another tool/format?

We've considered trying AuthorIt on a trial basis, but we haven't actually
had time to do more than download the demo. Hope that helps. Thanks. DB.

<snip>