Re: Any special advantages for...

Subject: Re: Any special advantages for...
From: "David Geer" <geercom -at- suite224 -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:12:13 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: David Geer
To: TECHWR-L
Cc: geercom -at- suite224 -dot- net
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2001 11:09 AM
Subject: Any special advantages for...

>From time to time I have to write an article on a software package where I
need to acquire the software myself. I'm asking for replies with any
advantages, short cuts (legal of course) or opportunities available to a
technical writer, technician or journalist for acquiring software packages
at a discount, cheaply, free, bartered, in exchange for publicity or what
have you. Anything that has worked for you or that you've heard about,
tricks of the trade, special considerations for people in our field whether
from the software producers, the government, corporations, other groups,
etc. I am compiling a list, which I will be happy to share when completed.

Thank you for participating.

Learn about tools and technologies for user assistance developers at