Re: MS Publisher exporting to PDF???

Subject: Re: MS Publisher exporting to PDF???
From: Sandra Charker <scharker -at- connectives -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 22:55:40 +1000

At 10:33 PM 2001-07-25, you wrote:

Berk/Devlin wrote:

> Please forgive if this question has already been answered on this list; I did glance at the archives....
>
> Foolish, foolish me! I have gone and been volunteered to webmaster for yet another do-gooder non-profit. This particular group creates their monthly newsletter in MS Publisher and (apparently) agonizes over the placement of every dot. They wish to post their newsletters verbatim (well, not merely verbatim -- pixelatim???) on-line.

Not an answer to your question, but have you pointed out to them that this is a BAD IDEA. They won't get pixelatim reproduction online, it sounds likely to be a big download, and they risk preventing many visitors from seeing the publication at all. If it's a members only publication, that might be acceptable. If it's intended to provide information to the general public, they'd probably be better going with liquid format HTML.

More work for you of course <g>

Cheers,

Sandra Charker

scharker -at- connectives -dot- com

Learn about tools and technologies for user assistance developers at