RE: Paging Though a FrameMaker 6.0 Document

Subject: RE: Paging Though a FrameMaker 6.0 Document
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 09:03:53 -0400

It's a known bug with FrameMaker 5.5.6 and 6.0, both.

This problem usually happens when you have a graphic in an anchored frame
with text boxes. If the text box and the graphic happen to overlap or come
close to overlapping, as is often the case with callouts, then the
scrollback behaviour happens.

The problem seems to be due to the graphics default runaround setting. You
can fix the problem by turning off text runaround. To do this, right-click
the graphic and select Runaround Properties, and set those properties to
Don't Run Around.

Unfortunately, you have to set this property for each graphic, because
FrameMaker has no way of setting this property globally.

However, there are third-party solutions. For example, go here (
http://www.frameexpert.com/plugins/plugins.html )and checkout RunaroundNone
for a cheap ($20) way to automatically set the runaround. I have not used
this tool but it sounds like it will do what you need. (yes, I manually set
this property for each graphic that uses callouts.)

(And, no, I don't know whether this will be fixed in FM 7. Heck, I expected
it to be fixed in 6.0. ;?)

Cheers,

Sean<Br>
sean -at- quodata -dot- com