Re: Biggest salary cut you've taken?

Subject: Re: Biggest salary cut you've taken?
From: Glen Warner <gdwarner -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:41:31 -0700

"Glenn Maxey" <glenn -dot- maxey -at- voyanttech -dot- com> wrote:

(*snip*)

> The corrillary is that debt incurred while acquiring "things" causes
> more anxiety and fear than it does happiness for having the use of
those
> "things."

I thought, after reading the above, I'd post this excerpt from a
conversation between an author and a ... well. Not sure on that one.
Anyway:

Q: You are responsible, then, for the destruction of mankind?
A: Yes.

Q: How do you intend to do it?
A: We are doing it with wealth.

Q: Please explain.
A: What you refer to as 'the consumer society' is actually a
mechanism designed to ensure your proper transition from Pisces to
Aquarius. Each transition has such a mechanism. The last one,
transferring you from Aires to Pisces, was the idea of the risen man.
This idea, and the ethics of the gospel, gave you a structure upon
which could be built a new society. But that time is past. The
society has outlived its usefulness. It's time for something new.
This is why the present mechanism is destructive, not constructive.

Q: The Consumer Society is destroying the planet. And that's
intentional?
A: After the suffering you are about to endure, mankind will never
again lust after material wealth. You are about to suffocate in your
own garbage.

Hmmmmm .....

--gdw

> Glenn Maxey

"Last year, out in California, at a PC users group, there was a demo
of
smart speech recognition software. Before the demonstrator could begin
his demo, a voice called out from the audience: "Format c, return. Yes,
return." Damned short demo, it was."
--unknown