RE: HTML editor: does everyone need to be on the same page?

Subject: RE: HTML editor: does everyone need to be on the same page?
From: "Tracy Boyington" <tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 09:38:55 -0500

<< Assuming that I know the editor in question, it occurs to me to ask why one wouldn't just select the "HTML" tab on the editor and enter one's code that way? Wouldn't that accomplish the same purpose? >>

Not in my experience. When using that particular editor, I have found that it would make changes to the text that I typed in HTML mode. However, there is supposed to be a specific way to *paste* HTML that leaves it unadulterated. However, I don't use the most recent version, so I could be behind.

Obviously I'm biased by my own distaste for that software... normally, I'd say "quitcher whinin' and use what the project lead wants you to use," but I know the misery that software has created for me, and if there's a way to at least minimize the misery by using it as little as possible, *while still delivering the same final result in that software*, why not use it? Perhaps I'm living in a dream world. :-) I'll leave it alone now.

~~~~~
Tracy Boyington tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org
Oklahoma Department of Career & Technology Education
Stillwater, OK http://www.okcareertech.org/cimc