RE: Diverse Tools (was HTML editors)

Subject: RE: Diverse Tools (was HTML editors)
From: bryan -dot- westbrook -at- amd -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 12:43:46 -0500

Actually that happened to me last week. I bought a new bed and paid for
delivery and setup. The store had been out of king size frames so I had to
buy one from a competitor across the street (for $20 more). The delivery
guys came the next day and started criticizing my townhouse, complaining
constantly about the stairs, and then they refused to setup the bed because
it was not one of their frames, even though I had explained to them how it
was the store's own fault.

When I got back to the office I called the store manager, and by the time it
was resolved a received profuse apologies from the manager and the warehouse
manager and $50 credited back to my account for the hassle (and the
delivery/setup fee was only $30 the store lost money on the delivery and
actually ended up paying the difference in the frames).

As much as it might hurt our egos, in the eyes of management an employee is
an employee, and your refusing to use FrontPage when that's a part of your
job description is the same as those guys leaving my mattress set leaning
against the wall: a refusal to do the job you were hired to do.