RE: API Tech Writers require assistance

Subject: RE: API Tech Writers require assistance
From: "Glenn Maxey" <glenn -dot- maxey -at- voyanttech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 09:02:52 -0600

I'm unclear of what you mean by this. I use Doxygen with the JavaDoc
style coding comments for C. We standardized our coding conventions to
use a style that is applicable for both C and Java. Whereas I use
Doxygen, one of our engineer uses JavaDoc. This portion of our internal
API documentation hasn't landed in my court yet.

> We also use Doxygen for the products written in C. Does anyone have a
> template that they have used to create user-friendly pdfs with?

This is a good question. If someone responds, let me know, too.

For those who don't know, Doxygen produces an HTML online documentation
system for C/C++ code. If you also want PDFs, you have to generate LaTex
output. This then is run to create the postscript files that you can
turn into PDFs.

If you want user-friendly PDFs, you have to be a LaTex expert.

About all I have been able to do is create a tool to update one LaTex
file with more appropriate Header and Footer information. Any more was
way beyond me.

Glenn Maxey
Voyant Technologies, Inc.
Tel. +1 303.223.5164
Fax. +1 303.223.5275
glenn -dot- maxey -at- voyanttech -dot- com