RE: merging separate help systems in InterHelp?

Subject: RE: merging separate help systems in InterHelp?
From: Carol_Tong -at- i2 -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 15:17:07 -0400

Anne,

I've merged up to 4 InterHelp projects using ForeHelp Premier 2000 on
Windows NT. It would be helpful to find out more about what you want as an
end result. If you want users of a particular type to be able to access
only a subset of the information, why would you want to merge already
separate Help projects?

Each of the products I document has multiple manuals, and we wanted users
to be able to access all the equivalent content online (we single-source
and import Framemaker .mif files into ForeHelp) from one Help call. I
don't use conditional text at all; all that I was after was to be able to
provide a single TOC and single index for all of the Help systems
together.

Carol Tong
Documentation Engineer
i2 Technologies