RE: Wrong List

Subject: RE: Wrong List
From: "Cook, Jenise" <jenise -dot- cook-crabbe -at- pacificlife -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 16:18:38 -0700

Ellen:

You are on the right list. I, for one, apologize for not responding to your
request. To be honest, all of us here at my workplace can barely concentrate
on our tasks. Normally, this list is a great place to get answers or
referrals. Normally, this list warmly welcomes newcomers. This week, the
world is hurting, and I'm sure you are as well. However, we do need to get
back to work someday. Hopefully, someone will respond to your questions.

During calmer days, we generally first ask if you have searched our Archives
at:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/ )At the top of the site you'll see
"Features." "Archive" is to the right of it.)

The reason we ask that question is because, since 1993, the Techwhirlers
have discussed thousands of issues, sometimes over and over again, since
inception. Deb Ray has done an awesome job with the Web site (Deb's
"baby"!), and that is another reason why we first recommend the Archives.

Your question about sites where you can find examples and definitions of
each type of guide has been answered numerous times in the past. I'm almost
99.9% positive you'll find answers in the Archives to question #2.

Your questions are wholly appropriate. We, the listserv members, are just
having a sad week. Thanks for your patience with us. Again, I hope a member
responds to your questions.

Warmly,

Jenise Cook-Crabbe
Senior Technical Writer
Pacific Life Insurance Company
www.PacificLife.com
jenise -dot- cook-crabbe -at- pacificlife -dot- com
<<my comments are my own, and not my employer's;
no, not one>>