A big thankyou

Subject: A big thankyou
From: "Nutting, John" <JNutting -at- taylor-hobson -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 11:24:38 +0100

We have just observed a three minute silence in memory of ALL the persons
killed or injured or who have lost family or friends in Tuesday's disaster.
Very moving and very thought provoking. Our newspapers in the UK are full
of pictures of members of the Fire Department of New York climbing up the
stairs of the WTC to help all those in peril. These people were walking to
their death and yet they still went and their colleagues would still go
tomorrow if needed. Someone will look at these picture and see a loved one
whether that be a husband or son and feel very sad but also so very very
proud. My heart goes out to these families and friends. I would also like
to say a very great thank you to these Members of the FDNY, NYPD and the
paramedics who gave their lives in order that others may have a chance of
survival. Without these people, throughout the world not just in America,
many many people would not now be here. We owe them all a debt which we can
never pay, other than to ensure that the world they have given their lives
for is one in which all people can live without the shadow of evil hanging
over it. That would be the greatest memorial to these people.

John

DISCLAIMER: This message may contain privileged and confidential
information. If you think for any reason this message has been addressed in
error you must not copy or disseminate it and we would ask you to notify us
immediately by return email to postmaster -at- taylor-hobson -dot- com -dot- Internet emails
are not necessarily secure. Taylor Hobson Holdings plc is the holding
company for the Taylor Hobson group of companies and is registered in
England No. 3230332, with its address at 2 New Star Road, Leicester, LE4
9JQ, England.