RE: How much do people need to be told in documentation. - Resolution

Subject: RE: How much do people need to be told in documentation. - Resolution
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:00:21 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, guys...in addition to the number of responses on the list, I
got at least three times the number offlist.

My resolution.

1) On the email address, I'm sticking to my guns...short one-sentence
explaination the first time entering an email is mentioned.

(enter email in this form: xxx -at- avaya -dot- com -dot- Example:
joesales -at- avaya -dot- com)

On the second issue of keyboard vs mouse and menu, I'm going to
emphassize one (mouse and menu), but in the Convention section,
include the alternate method.

BTW...for those who are curious, this Conventions section lists the
following groups of issues:

- Screen Display and Layout
- Navigation
- Prompts and Messages
- Aditional Resources and Documentation

--- Stuart Rogers <srogers -at- phoenix-geophysics -dot- com> wrote:
> IMO, if a person *has* an e-mail address, then they know how to
> type it,

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer