RE: Cross-references with numbered headings

Subject: RE: Cross-references with numbered headings
From: "Becca Croft" <bcroft -at- plexisweb -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 17:03:44 -0700

>Experienced readers know how thick 50 pages are, they have NO
>idea how thick 2.?.? topics will be.

I agree. When I started at my current company, they were using numbered
headings and chapter-numbered pages (2-32, 5-14, etc.) so cross-references
were impossible to find. I quickly switched to continuous page numbering and
then did away with the numbered headings, too. They just weren't necessary
and removing them made things easier when compiling the TOC. Our docs are
600-700 pages, so Word stability is a high priority.

Steve, would you mind posting the macro if you are successful? You really
are the master, aren't you?

Becca Croft

"Indecision is the key to flexibility."