RE: corrupt word doc fix?

Subject: RE: corrupt word doc fix?
From: "Kathy Jacobs" <jacobskl -at- jacobs -dot- coxatwork -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 10:11:05 -0700

Carol,

When you pasted the file contents into a new file, did you include the
last paragraph mark? If so, try it again without the final paragraph
mark and see if the corruption message goes away.

Another option is to save the file as a new RTF document and see if that
conversion gets rid of the corrupt information. IF it does, then
re-save the RTF as a Word document and you should be good to go again.

One last option I can offer is to open the document with StarOffice,
which will translate the document to an older version of Word. This
will also (usually) strip the corrupt information out. However, be
forewarned that this option will also get rid of some of your
formatting.

Kathryn Jacobs, BrainBench MVP MS PowerPoint (Get Certified at
http://www.brainbench.com)
Get PowerPoint answers at http://www.powerpointanswers.com
Cook anything outdoors with http://www.outdoorcook.com

Kathy is a trainer, writer, Girl Scout, parent, and whatever else there
is time for

Life is meant to be lived. But:
if we live without making a difference, it makes no difference that we
lived