Building a web site for documentation

Subject: Building a web site for documentation
From: "White, Bonita" <BWhite -at- CSXWT -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 09:15:30 -0400

Hi all,

Please don't *yell* at me for this question, but I really have NO idea where
to even begin. I would like to put together a proposal for creating a web
site for the documentation. My documents are all created in FrameMaker
which means that I can save them all as HTML docs. And I know how to code
in HTML, and also how to use FrontPage, and I know that I need an IP address
to get started; but I don't know what kinds of things I need to present to
my boss to make this a feasible suggestion. That is why a need your help.
What all am I missing? Is this even a good idea? Have any of you done this
successfully? One of the developers got me started thinking about this and
he said that it was a wonderful idea and that he thought I would be the
perfect person to do this; but I would hate to set myself up for failure.

Thanking you in advance for your help,

Bonita