Converting HTML to text, preserving tables etc.?

Subject: Converting HTML to text, preserving tables etc.?
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 14:30:42 -0400

Philip Sharman wonders: <<Is there an easy way [in Frame] to convert HTML to
text that preserves formatting in
things like tables?... I need to keep my tables looking like tables, with
all the columns aligned. >>

Word has a "convert table to text" command, so I imagine Frame or Webworks
has something equivalent. What this gives you is tab-delimited text. The
columns should all still line up, but since text files (by definition) don't
contain any formatting, forget about preserving any other formats such as
fonts and type sizes.

--Geoff Hart, FERIC
580 boul. St-Jean, Pointe-Claire, Quebec H9R 3J9
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca