Forgetfulness

Subject: Forgetfulness
From: "David Knopf" <david -at- knopf -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 12:41:14 -0700

Rick Kirkham wrote:

| Bill forgot (????) to mention that he is an ADMIN of another tech
| communicator's list.

That Bill is the listowner for the HATT list is, I think, well known. What
you forgot (???) to mention is that, during your brief time as a member of
that list, you so irritated the other listmembers that, to this day, you are
the only technical communicator ever to have been banned from the HATT list.

| Note that "fostering a sense of community" is a code
| that means "allowing unlimited OT postings including personal messages
| between list members". On some days *all* the posts on Bill's list are OT.
| While I was a member of it for a few weeks, I can't remember a
| day when even
| 20% of the posts were on topic.

There's a lot more OT on the HATT list than there is on TECHWR-L, but your
characterization here is a gross overstatement based, by your own admission,
on a very short experience on the list. It should be mentioned that most of
your own "contributions" to the HATT list were themselves off-topic rants
about how much you dislike OT posts.

| Few of its members seemed to have any work
| to do, and they were obnoxious and discriminatory to newbies. (Which might
| be one reason why so few on topic issues were ever posted to it.)

You were there so briefly Rick that you could not possibly have formed
accurate impressions of the 1500 members of the list, and your comment that
few of them have any work to do is as incredible as it is disrespectful.

Regards,

David Knopf (mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com)
Knopf Online (http://www.knopf.com)
Tel: 415.550.8367

RoboHelp MVP & Certified RoboHelp Instructor
WebWorks Publisher Certified Trainer
Member, Sun's JavaHelp 2.0 Expert Group
Member, eHelp's RoboHelp Community Advisory Board
Co-moderator, HATT & wwp-users