RE: Need book about Word longdoc techniques

Subject: RE: Need book about Word longdoc techniques
From: "Keith Soltys" <keith -at- soltys -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 20:08:52 -0400

> It is surprising that the 3rd party books don't have a chapter
> "dealing with
> typical Word problems with longdocs". I'm new at this subject, but my Net
> surfing this week reveals some standard techniques and tricks for using
> longdocs -- things that I doubt are in the 3rd party Word books.
>
> -- Michael Hoffman
> http://www.hypertextnavigation.com

Check out Jean Webbers book "Taming Microsoft Word" available from her web
site at http://www.wrevenge.com.au/bookshop/tameword.htm

It's quite good and well worth the very reasonable price to download ($8
US). She has a chapter on working with long documents.

As Keith Cronin pointed out, Woody Leonhard's Word 97 Annoyances is
indispensable, if you can still find a copy. I'm now in a job where I have
to use Word and I'm searching for a discount copy myself.

Also check out the MVP FAQ site and some of the other links mentioned in my
article "Eseential Resources for Word Users" on my web site at
http://www.soltys.ca/techcomm/articles/Essential_Resources_for_Word_Users.ht
ml

Regards
Keith