RE: Robohelp french translation

Subject: RE: Robohelp french translation
From: "Glenn Maxey" <glenn -dot- maxey -at- voyanttech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 10:43:30 -0600

Hi Dianne,

Very. If your translators are using Translation Memory (which they
should be if they are at all reputable), then it should go fast.

(Assuming WinHelp), You'll need to have the RTF files and CNT files
updated.

In the RTF files, have them translate all $ and k footnotes. They may
also need to translate the titles that appear. (Do _not_ translate #, !,
+, or > footnotes.)

In the CNT files, have them translate everything to the left of an
equals sign (=).

Because the title given in the CNT file, in the $ footnote, and at the
beginning of a topic are often identical, the translator will get
immediate payback in using translation memory while you get consistency.

online registration, and more on http://ieeepcs.org/2001/