Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: CC <texchanchan -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 13:59:35 -0700 (PDT)

The key to this is, of course,
> > ... if it were related to the job...

I'd add to that "in the eyes of the employer."

A colleague described a resume sent to one of her
former employers for a tech writing position.
Paper-clipped to the resume was an 8 x 10 photo of the
writer, wearing a shoulder sash covered with stars and
ribbons of knightly orders, all of which he had
himself invented (as he stated in the accompanying

He had not taken the time to imagine or more likely
was incapable of imagining how irrelevant this kind of
creativity is to the garden-variety tech writing job.

Makes you wonder what the interview would be like. Of
course in real life it never took place.

(I think maybe I've posted this story before, but
couldn't locate it in the archives.)

C. Crowley

Do You Yahoo!?

online registration, and more on

+++ More info: +++

Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question: From: Bruce Byfield