RE: Fuzzy images - Vent

Subject: RE: Fuzzy images - Vent
From: Ed -dot- Hawco -at- acecomm -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 13:11:30 -0400

> > unfortunately it can require a lot of knowledge and research to get
> > what you're looking for.
>
> Actually, no it doesn't.

Sometimes it does. I once worked on a team with six writers, all with
exactly the same operating systems, Frame, and Acrobat versions. Yet,
some people's PDFs dropped colors, other's had fuzzy images, etc. Sometimes
the PDF would crap out because of a font licensing issue, when the person
at the next desk could PDF the same document without a problem. Sometimes
everything would be fine except the bullets would disappear from bullet
lists.

I've seen this in several shops. You have to start getting into font and
printer driver esoterica, which is not something that we're all fully
versed ion (and the information in the Adobe forums is not always
comprehensible, or sometimes just plain doesn't work.)

Call me a dummy. Personally, I blame Microsoft. (BTW, in my current setup,
which has been examined by IT experts and has been through the Adobe forum
mill, I get an immediate system meltdown when I try to PDF, and that's on
an NT box!)

Things don't always make sense, and they don't always work the way they
should. Especially when it involves Windows.

Ed Hawco
Senior Technical/Marketing Writer
ACE*COMM Corporation
Tel: 514-843-7700 x224 / Fax: 514-843-7726
Email: ed -dot- hawco -at- acecomm -dot- com
Web: www.acecomm.com

online registration, and more on http://ieeepcs.org/2001/