Re: HUMOUR: Blame Guide Also Re: Auto

Subject: Re: HUMOUR: Blame Guide Also Re: Auto
From: Sabahat Ashraf <sabahat -at- viragelogic -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 17:50:27 -0700

"Sean O'Donoghue-Hayes (EPA)" wrote:

> It is with some dismay I read Andrew's so called Humorous guide - as these
> are tried and true secret cabal technical writing techniques that have
> evolved since the first caveman/woman technical writer wrote a well
> expressed warning sign up about the dangers of using fire, and documented
> how to move fire from the site of a lightning strike to that of the home
> fireplace [(3) place the branch in the fire caused by the lightning strike.
> Wait until the branch is well alight (4) Run like hell back to the
> fireplace.]

Ah... the good ol' days when all Tech Communicators used only graphics!
No messing with MS Word, no fonts, no typespacing ... Just one visual
metaphor per tribe ["What do you mean we don't do stick figures in this
clan?"... Kerrrrrrsplat!! "That will teach him to talk back to the
Leader!"]; Just one color pallette per clan [<nudge-nudge-wink>"Wait
till Shaman sees that hideous color he's used for the horses."]... but
of course, some things remain the same ["They think any eight-year old
could paint bears and mammoths...they don't give me an equal part of the
meat from the hunt...

S.

online registration, and more on http://ieeepcs.org/2001/