RE: Internal Error 6004, 6575029, 4741803,

Subject: RE: Internal Error 6004, 6575029, 4741803,
From: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 13:52:37 -0500

Steven,
I have experienced the frustration with my scroll wheel mouse in
FrameMaker (both 5.5.6 and 6.0) in Windows 95, whenever I touch the
mouse pointer to the left/right scroll bar. Sometimes it happens if I go
over the up/down bar, but not consistently.
When I do this, I get the weird message, I click OK, and FrameMaker
shuts down. Boom. Then, I open it again. Rebooting doesn't change
anything.

My workaround has been to simply avoid the left/right scroll bar, try to
keep the document visible in the window (80 to 100 percent), use the
keyboard to move through the text left or right, and warn anyone who
temporarily uses my PC (such as, to show me something) about these
issues.

I have downloaded the most recent software from Kensington, and
Microsoft Intellipoint 32. This has solved some of the up/down scroll
bar issues, but not all.

Another issue I run into is that one wild scroll move can lengthen the
desktop in FrameMaker to unreasonable proportions. This happens
sporadically. My documents will be waaaaay down below my window. I don't
touch the scroll bar, though! If it doesn't crash the program, it just
takes a long time to get to all the documents I have open.
My work around for this is to go to Window>Cascade or Tile. Then, I can

Does anyone have better workarounds or solutions?
Thanks!

Don't use Windows 95. Upgrade to Windows 98, W2K, or if you must XP.

Scott

October 3 and get a substantial discount! Program information, online registration, and more on http://ieeepcs.org/2001/