Re: Replacing text in Word - macros

Subject: Re: Replacing text in Word - macros
From: Bonnie Granat <bgranat -at- att -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 10:07:41 -0400

Corry Clybouw wrote:

> I have recorded a macro in word with wich a replace a small bit of bold text
> with the same bit of text with style heading 6 applied. When I perform this
> action manually, everything works fine. When I run the macro however, a
> single border is automatically added to the text.
>
> This really puzzles me since adding borders is not available in the search
> and replace formatting options !!!

I assume you have checked the Heading 6 style itself to be sure that
borders are not turned on. I would then run the macro and see if (on the
Formatting toolbar) borders *gets* turned on. If that's not the problem, I
would change the settings in Heading 6, save the style with the new
settings, and then change the style back to its original settings and save
it. With so many bugs in Word, it's likely that there's no explanation and
that you can trick the program to behave properly by altering the style and
then restoring it to the settings you want. Then recreate your macro and
see if you've fooled the program.

--
Bonnie Granat
http://home.att.net/~bgranat

Announcing new options for IPCC 01, October 24-27 in Santa Fe.
Attend the entire event, select a single day, or sign up for
a Saturday postconference workshop. http://ieeepcs.org/2001