ISO/IEC 18019 User Documentation Standard

Subject: ISO/IEC 18019 User Documentation Standard
From: "Andreas Ternes" <aternes -at- mediasec -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:53:16 +0200

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000 Daniel Dresner asked for comments regarding the first
draft of this new standard, "ISO/IEC 18019 - Guidelines for the design and
preparation of software user documentation".

Does anybody know what has happened to this draft? Is there a second draft
in the meantime? Or is it a standard now?
Using the URL from Daniel's mail,
http://www.ncc.co.uk/standards/standardsprojects.html#is leads to the first
draft, dated 2000-01-20.

At that time I was working for a mechanical engineering company and only
partially interested in software documentation. Now I work for a software
company and an internationally recognized standard could help me to write
better user guides.

If you know what happened to ISO/IEC 18019 or know other standards for
software documentation that could be helpful for a beginner in this field,
feel free to answer.

TIA and greetings from Germany
Andreas

MediaSec Technologies GmbH | Andreas Ternes
Technical Publications | Tel:+49(201)43752-43
Berliner Platz 6 - 8 | Fax:+49(201)43752-77
D-45127 Essen, Germany | aternes -at- mediasec -dot- de