Re: Page margins

Subject: Re: Page margins
From: Win Day <winday -at- home -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 09:59:14 -0400

At 03:04 PM 16/10/2001 +0530, Meena S wrote:

A problem in MS Word..

I have defined a certain page margin within which text should be displayed.
When I insert an image which is of a bigger size, I am not able to make the
picture obey the page margins, short of cropping the image or reduing its
size.

Any pointers?

-Meena

Meena, try this:

When you insert the picture, make sure "Float Over Text" is NOT checked. The inserted image should now be constrained to belong to a paragraph, thus forcing it to obey the page margins.

Otherwise, Word treats the image as a graphical element that literally just floats over the page (wherever it bloody well feels like it, IMHO).

Win

Win Day
Multimedia Developer

http://www.creativeimplementations.com
mailto:winday -at- creativeimplementations -dot- com

New Mexico: attend the entire event or select a single day. For details and online registration, visit http://ieeepcs.org/2001