Re: Adobe Acrobat/Word

Subject: Re: Adobe Acrobat/Word
From: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 08:37:52 -0500

At 23:21 +0100 10/17/01, Graham Williams wrote:

Hi - this problem of grayscale graphics in PDFs is bothering me too.

The Adobe website has clear instructions on how to get the recommended
PostScript driver, assuming you haven't got it already. But please can
somebody tell me - do I actually have to have a real tin PostScript
printer before I can produce PDFs from Distiller? On my home PC I only
have a DeskJet, and I can't seem to kid it, even when I set the driver
to print to file.

Please excuse if this is a dumb question...

Graham,

In this area, nothing is a dumb question. We do have dumb answers sometimes. Let's see if I can avoid the latter.

You can set a printer instance to print only to file. I forget, since my primary platform is Mac, whether this is an easy or not so easy thing to set up on Windows. I believe that when you install the Adobe printer driver instance that you can set it up without a physical printer.

I just cannot, at this moment verify the process in detail for you.

Scott

New Mexico: attend the entire event or select a single day. For details and online registration, visit http://ieeepcs.org/2001