Re[2]: Adobe Acrobat/Word

Subject: Re[2]: Adobe Acrobat/Word
From: CHRISTINE ANAMEIER <CANAMEIE -at- email -dot- usps -dot- gov>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 10:09:14 -0400

>. . . do I actually have to have a real tin PostScript
>printer before I can produce PDFs from Distiller? On my
>home PC I only have a DeskJet. . .

You don't need a real live PostScript printer, but you *do* need to install the
PostScript driver available from Adobe. Your system will treat Distiller like a
printer, and that will be its driver. Printing to file with a non-Postscript
printer driver (such as an HP driver) won't produce output that Distiller can

Adobe has some instructions at ... but the installation
program should include the necessary drivers.

For details and online registration, visit