RE: Simple symbol question

Subject: RE: Simple symbol question
From: Paul Newbold <paul -dot- newbold -at- lightworkdesign -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:55:55 +0100

I call them 'chevrons' but I'm sure there'll be a proper latinate sounding
name for each of them!

Paul Newbold
LightWork Design
Sheffield UK

-----Original Message-----
From: pkingston -at- nomadsoft -dot- co -dot- uk [mailto:pkingston -at- nomadsoft -dot- co -dot- uk]
Sent: 19 October 2001 10:35
Subject: Simple symbol question

Hi all,

Anyone know what these symbols are known as when used as brackets (rather
than mathematical symbols)?

< >

Kind regards,

Peter Kingston

Technical Author
Nomad Software
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7292 2413
e-mail: pkingston -at- nomadsoft -dot- co -dot- uk

Announcing new options for IPCC 01, October 24-27 in Santa Fe,
New Mexico: attend the entire event or select a single day.
For details and online registration, visit

Your monthly sponsorship message here reaches more than
5000 technical writers, providing 2,500,000+ monthly impressions.
Contact Eric (ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com) for details and availability.

You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Previous by Author: RE: FrameMaker 6.1 to 5.5
Next by Author: RE: Word to Framemaker
Previous by Thread: Re: Simple symbol question
Next by Thread: Re: Simple symbol question

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads