RE: On-line Brochure

Subject: RE: On-line Brochure
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <SGallagher -at- akonix -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:12:54 -0700

Well, sometimes those turn out to be the most fun overall, but they can
be intimidating at first, that's for sure.

Like good li'l TWs, let's take a look at the audience and the requirements.
Who is the audience? People at home with color deskjet printers or office
workers with b&w laser printers? For the former, use color; for the later,
design in shades of grey. Neither group will want to/be able to duplex
print, so design for single sided copy; and neither group will perform any
complicated paper folds, either, so design flat.

How're we doing so far???

Next, what do you want to tell them? Unless you can narrow in on your
message,
your brochure will lack focus -- and that's not a good thing. Decide what
info
you want to present.

And last, what do you want your audience to do? Nothing? then a simple fact
sheet otta do. Buy something??? Talk about the benefits that purchase will
give them, then make it easy for them to contact you -- toll-free phone
number, Web address, MasterCard & Visa cheerfully accepted??? ;-)

Hope that helps point you in the right direction!
-Sue Gallagher
(who enjoys brainstorming 'cause hers is always partly cloudy anyway!)
;-)