RE: Layoff logistics and etiquette

Subject: RE: Layoff logistics and etiquette
From: "White, Bonita" <BWhite -at- CSXWT -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 14:52:41 -0400

Haven't been laid off yet; (that sound was me knocking on wood) but once I
worked for a company that notified everyone that they were being laid off by
disconnecting their voice mail. If you came in on Monday and had voice
mail, you were safe; if you couldn't access your voice mail, you were laid
off. I check my voice mail every morning from home now for just that
reason. Paranoid? Just a little.

For details and online registration, visit