RE: Layoff logistics and etiquette

Subject: RE: Layoff logistics and etiquette
From: bryan -dot- westbrook -at- amd -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 10:54:14 -0500

As I've heard it explained, it also means that employers to not have to deal directly with unions, though companies do because they are forced to do so for fear that the unions will strike against their branches in other states.

As for this issue of rights, consider this: in a right to work state an employer is not required to keep paying a bad employee any longer than that employer chooses to do so. For the workers, it means we don't have to stay at a job we hate. That's protecting someone's rights.