RE: Tech-Reading vs. Other Reading

Subject: RE: Tech-Reading vs. Other Reading
From: Marguerite Krupp <mkrupp -at- cisco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 14:35:14 -0400

Bruce wrote: <snip>
So, perhaps those who find technical documentation destroys their
enjoyment of other writing are really saying is that they haven't kept
up the practice of reading for pleasure?

Not at all what I was saying. Reading tech stuff for work (or otherwise)
does not affect my PLEASURE in reading non-tech stuff, but it does affect my
reading SPEED (negatively) and my ability to retain what I read
(positively). I read *and* write non-tech stuff for pleasure... but for me,
one type of reading definitely affects others. The fact that other people
may experience this differently is what makes horseraces.

For details and online registration, visit