RE: Tech-Reading vs. Other Reading (OT?)

Subject: RE: Tech-Reading vs. Other Reading (OT?)
From: Iggy <iggy_1996dp -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 05:52:58 -0700 (PDT)

> Ah, Robin - you need to read "Shrink Lits" - the
> 1-page version, in verse
> yet, of much of the world's literature.

Or get your hands on music versions of literature.
Many artists have, at one time or another, written
songs summarizing their favorite literary works.

A personal favorite of mine still is "Rime of the
Ancient Mariner" by Iron Maiden, complete with
readings from the original epic poem. Tossing the
heavy metal genre aside, the music really adds to what
Coleridge (I think) envisioned when writing. Even if
the thought of electric instruments turns you off,
give the song a try. I know teachers who play it for
their students when studying Coleridge. I think it
gets the kids more involved and eager to really read
past the language and into the heart of the poem.

http://personals.yahoo.com