Re: Secretary Proofing Manuals?

Subject: Re: Secretary Proofing Manuals?
From: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 16:29:08 -0500

At 5:11 PM -0400 10/24/01, TDean -at- envirosys -dot- com wrote:

John wrote:
Tina...what prompted the change? VPs don't usualy make that kind of
change out of the blue. If the change became mandated, what brought
it to his attention so that it needed to be addressed?

The VP became President, and another man became our VP. The VP tried to get
our review procedure approved with the President, but he insisted that all
manuals should be approved by the exec. asst.

Our company is trying to improve efficiency and communication by merging
our Windows and Unix groups. It is/was like two companies inside of one.

The Unix tech writers gave the manual to the exec. asst. for distribution
only. The Windows tech writers gave the manual to her for review, but the
division manager had to approve. Now all of us will be submitting manuals
for her review/approval before they are sent to the customers.

Ok, now it is clear. This is a PHB who wants to micro-manage, or doesn't trust his subordinates.

Hang it up. Until something blows up with this arrangement, you are stuck.

I would wager that ego has a lot to do with this on the part of your Pres.

It sounds like your company still doesn't have its organization.

Scott

New Mexico: attend the entire event or select a single day. For details and online registration, visit http://ieeepcs.org/2001