how to manage [Was RE: Need New Concepts to Discuss (Was RE: Nee d help please)]

Subject: how to manage [Was RE: Need New Concepts to Discuss (Was RE: Nee d help please)]
From: "RUBOTTOM, AL" <ARUBOTTOM -at- SENSORMATIC -dot- COM>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 15:55:11 -0800

To those who manage others, are managed by others, work in teams, work with
engineers/SW developers:

Please share your most important tools, techniques, lessons learned, battles
won/lost, how you gained knowledge/insight/seasoning from same.

We who are new [or have returned] to managing, we beseech your collective
wisdom!

For example, por ejemplo, par exemple, zum Beispiel, per esempio:

The challenges of managing the strong personalities we like to hire is a
side-topic in its own right.
e.g., how to balance the tendency toward "ownership" of docs by a lead
writer with department guidelines, best practices, the compelling need for
"good enough" QA [perfectionism kills!], and so on.

How to juggle the chronic workload/schedule two-step, i.e., how to make best
use of [superficially] slack periods while preparing for the girded-loins
onslaught of slipped-schedule crunch weeks [or months].

and anything else that occurs to you...

TIA,
Al