Re: What software should I use to catalog photos?

Subject: Re: What software should I use to catalog photos?
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 10:56:07 -0500

Peter,

The type of software you are looking for is "content management," for which you can search online. I saw booths for several vendors at SeyboldBoston, and they were sorted out according to size (mostly high-end enterprise solutions but some department/single-user solutions, too) and according to platform (definitely a Mac-heavy segment).

I didn't get very far into investigating it before my budget vaporized, so I can't make a strong recommendation; but for the scale you are talking about, you might want to look at Cumulus, from Canto Software (www.canto.com).

Good luck,

Dick

"Peter Shea (USF)" wrote:

>My department has a great many photos taken over the years that were
>stored in boxes. They need to be scanned and cataloged so they can be
>accessed by keywords.
>
>Can anyone suggest software for this? What about Extensis?

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,00 retailers. Join our almost
10,000 published authors today. http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr