Good article on communication

Subject: Good article on communication
From: SIANNON -at- VISUS -dot- JNJ -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 14:58:49

Apologies if someone already pointed this one out and I missed it, but
Stickyminds (an STQE site) had an excellent article on communication that
seems to tie in with some of the "problems in communicating with SMEs"
threads.

It actually helped me identify a source of resentment I'd built up toward
one of my programmers, who is notorious for not reading emails (and who
walked up today to ask me about some test data for an SFT I wrote when I'd
already sent him the link to it and detailed instructions on what needs to
be transferred into the test dB in an email yesterday).

It underscores the "Know Thy Audience" commandment with quantifyable
examples of how things can go wrong along the course of each instance of
communication -- I believe it applies equally to written as well as spoken
communications.

Here are the details:
30-Oct-2001
Article: Untangling Communication
By: Dale H. Emery
http://www.stickyminds.com/r.asp?F=DART_2975

Shauna Iannone
I think, therefore I thwim.

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,00 retailers. Join our almost
10,000 published authors today. http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr