Re: Tech Writing Curriculum

Subject: Re: Tech Writing Curriculum
From: Win Day <winday -at- home -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 11:49:48 -0500

At 03:34 PM 12/11/2001 +0000, Flo Gherman wrote:

-----
* Special Topics 1 (focus on one of...Hardware, Dev, End User)
* Special Topics 2 (focus on something that goes with special topic 1,
like End User might also want Online Help. Or if someone took a
review of writing Dev guides, they might want something more focused
like writing for DBAs, requiring an Oracle/SQL course from the
computer dept....)

-----
Hello all:

I am currently co-teaching a technical writing course at a college in Toronto. I have always wondered if adding some special topics like the ones described before is a good idea. I mean, we do have to keep in mind that technical writing does not necessarily mean writing on technical topics.

I would be very happy to hear your opinion on this.

Good point, Flore. Because even when the technical writing IS on technical topics, it might not be about computers!

Win, who doesn't write online help (and who doesn't use FrameMaker, but that's another topic of discussion!)

Win Day
Multimedia Developer

http://www.wordsplus.net
mailto:winday -at- wordsplus -dot- net

Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for? http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr