RE: Question

Subject: RE: Question
From: Kelly Werner <kwerner -at- eaglesoft -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:43:35 -0600

I often see it in the plural possessive form - PC's - when it's
not in the possessive.

I site rule 19. Do Not Take Shortcuts At The Cost Of Clarity.
Professor Strunk would have you avoid this dilemma by eliminating the
abbreviation, PC. The good professor would also chastise them ( the writers
of the examples that vex you ) vehemently for considering the possessive
where it was not warranted ( see rule 1.)
therefore, my advice is to eliminate the unnecessary apostrophe.