Missing footer in Word 2000

Subject: Missing footer in Word 2000
From: "Pesach, Debra" <DPesach -at- hq -dot- row -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 12:50:28 -0500

Greetings all!

Here's a fun one for a Monday morning (and now afternoon by the time I
finish this). I'll try to provide all relevant information, sorry if I throw
in anything not relevant. I'm on a mission here; it really bugs me that I
can't figure this one out. And, of course, I looked in the archives but
couldn't find a similar instance.

A colleague of mine has inherited a Word file (using a Doc-2-Help template)
that isn't displaying the even-paged footers. I want to help her find them.
Unfortunately, I can't open the file up from my computer (some D2H
strangeness) but she is able to view other documents with headers and
footers intact.

I can view headers and footers and select the odd page footer (which says
odd page footer), but when I select "View Next" from the Header/Footer
toolbar, I am brought to the Even page header. As if the even page footer
simply doesn't exist. Odd page header and footer, and even page header are
all viewable.

Page Setup (Layout tab) is set to "Different odd and even." The margins set
up for the header and footer (and top and bottom) are normal. Paper size is
letter.

Print preview doesn't show the even footers. Printer setting seems normal
(and same printer does print even footers for other documents). Other
documents using the same template do show the footers.

I await your inspiration!

~Debbie

Debbie Panitz-Pesach
Sr. Technical Writer