RE: Tech writing list nothing more than a way to get e-mail addre sses to spammers?

Subject: RE: Tech writing list nothing more than a way to get e-mail addre sses to spammers?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 08:08:24 -0800 (PST)

I subscribed to techwr-l from home and work, two different accounts.
The one from work, I only used for techwr-l and internal company
stuff. Not one piece of spam mail. The other account is a web based
mail and I use it for everything. Lots of spam...don't know how I got
on their lists, but after using it for about 4 years, who
knows...however, I'd say it isn't from this list.

BTW...my ISP is a cable modem company and it comes with an email
address that I NEVER use. I've never once sent anything from that
address. Once in a while, I'll clean out my inbox and it always
contains HUNDREDS of spams per week...lots of sex and sex/medical
mail. The ONLY way they could geet that address is for the ISP to
sell my name. No biggee...they only sit on their HD taking space and
if they use that income to keep from having to raise my rate, so be
it.

> It's Hotmail, not TECHWR-L. I rarely, if ever, get spam to the
> email
> address with which I've subscribed to TECHWR-L. But my Hotmail
> addy gets
> TONS! I don't use that address to subscribe to anything -- I
> created it
> simply so I had a way to retrieve my regular email over the web
> while
> travelling, because up till now Rogers -at- Home here in Canada did not
> provide a way to do that directly.

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1