RE: Tech writing list nothing more than a way to get e-mail addre sses to spammers?

Subject: RE: Tech writing list nothing more than a way to get e-mail addre sses to spammers?
From: Win Day <winday -at- rogers -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 17:37:18 -0500

At 12:48 PM 26/11/2001 -0700, Nancy Mignone wrote:

I created this hotmail account soley for the use of "Nancy Mignone" and ONLY for techwr-l. I have used it for no other purpose.
I get lots and lots of spam mail. Today I got an invitation to join a pornographic site, which is somewhat unfortunate, considering I am at work. Now "Nancy" never in her life would even have contemplated a site devoted soley to pornography, so how "Nancy" got this particular email, I'll never know.

It's Hotmail, not TECHWR-L. I rarely, if ever, get spam to the email address with which I've subscribed to TECHWR-L. But my Hotmail addy gets TONS! I don't use that address to subscribe to anything -- I created it simply so I had a way to retrieve my regular email over the web while travelling, because up till now Rogers -at- Home here in Canada did not provide a way to do that directly.

Win

Win Day
Multimedia Developer

http://www.wordsplus.net
mailto:winday -at- wordsplus -dot- net

Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for? http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr