Re: Jobs that _I_ can't find on monster.com

Subject: Re: Jobs that _I_ can't find on monster.com
From: Lois Patterson <lois -at- dowco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 16:24:26 -0700

A local ASP company (Vancouver, BC, Canada) hosts several salacious personal
ad sites. Between the ASP company and the sites, they have advertised for
technical writers, a manager of quality assurance and documentation, web
producers, project managers, programmers, etc.

Some of the ads ask for prospective employees with experience in IVR
(Interactive Voice Response) and CRM (Customer Relationship Management),
among other technical qualifications, so they sounded like they were just
the standard-issue enterprise software type gig. Some of the ads have
omitted the salacious aspect, while other ads have pasted the URLs at the
bottom of the ad and asked prospective candidates to review them first to
see if they have any problems with them before applying.

A company that used to be in business here had both porn and gambling
components, and regularly advertised for coders, QA testers, and of course
sometimes for performers.

Also, the writing jobs at http://www.craigslist.org/wri/ (mostly a Bay Area
jobs site) occasionally feature pOrn related employment.

(Not an expert in this area, truly!)

Lois Patterson