Looking for writtten procedure for doc > ps > pdf conversion.

Subject: Looking for writtten procedure for doc > ps > pdf conversion.
From: leslie -dot- williams -at- transcore -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:59:58

Background: WIN NT 4.0, FrameMaker 6, Acrobat 5, Word 2000

I am looking for a written procedure on how to convert a Word file to a .ps
then to a .pdf. Keeping in mind that this would be for single file,
multiple page, basic fonts, black and white (no color), screen captures and
reports (graphics). I am not looking for a procedure to teach anyone how
to set all the Acrobat settings, just how to take the .doc convert to .ps
then distill to .pdf. Does anyone have such a thing or know where to locate
one?

Google and archive searches have not helped.

I need to have this procedure available for co-workers who may need to do
the conversion in my absence. I know how to do it and I can verbally
explain how to do it, but a Technical Writer I am not. Which is why I am
seeking your help. I can send what I have thus far to anyone who would
like to see what I have come up with. But when I submitted it to the
senior technical writer here, they kind of tore it apart, which is okay
because like I said I am not a technical writer, but I was given a ton of
reading material on how to write procedures and right now I am no aspiring
to be a technical writer...

Can anyone help me? Thank you in advance!

Leslie Williams
Technical Word Processor/
Desktop Publisher
TransCore
9480 Carroll Park Drive
San Diego, CA. 92121
(858) 826-4732 voice
(858) 826-4324 fax
leslie -dot- williams -at- transcore -dot- com