Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 19:00:08 -0500

KMcLauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com wrote:

>Have any of you seen teleconferencing (either proprietary,
>high-bandwidth systems, or [s]low-res via web-cam) making
>inroads on your business travel?

Well, how's this? (It's not exactly the same thing, but it serves somewhat the same purpose.)

Next month we're hosting our annual user conference via WebEx rather than asking our customers to fly in, book hotels, etc. This will enable many more users at each company to attend; people will be able to attend just the individual sessions that are most useful to them; and they can do so without losing a lot of work time traveling, dealing with airport security, and all the rest. Plus we don't have to shell out for fancy meals and entertainment. This looks as if it will be win-win (but not for the airlines and hotels, of course). We'll see how successful it is.

Dick

Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for? http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr