RE: custom date format in PowerPoint?

Subject: RE: custom date format in PowerPoint?
From: Darren Barefoot <Darren -dot- Barefoot -at- capeclear -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 16:19:06 -0000

I was hoping that when you spawned PowerPoint, it would open all inserted
objects...no such luck. I just tested my solution and it doesn't work.
Though, if you were really fancy, you could write a macro that, when that
PowerPoint document was launched, automagically opened and closed the
associated Word document to update the date field. That might be overkill,
though.

Ah-hah! Forget all that macro stuff. I (believe it or not) looked in the
help and found the following:

**Add date and time or slide number anywhere on a slide**

1. On the slide, position the insertion point in the placeholder or text box
that you want to add the date and time or slide number to.
2. On the Insert menu, click either Slide Number or Date and Time.

When you do this, there's a Update Automatically check box in the Date and
Time dialog box that opens. This will update every time the file is opened.
I believe that'll do it. Third time lucky maybe? Thanks. DB.